bFW Dishes: Panama Pork Stew
this cooler weather has me wanting to pull out the crock pot and enjoy a nice (but still healthy) stew. You could probably do this in your Instant Pot, too! Either way, I'm digging minimal effort and easy clean up.
As usual, bFW has you covered! I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite crock pot cookbooks, Simple 1-2-3 Slow Cooker.
Panama Pork Stew
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 package (10oz) frozen corn (I use canned corn and it turns out great)
- 1 package (9oz) frozen, cut green beans (again, use canned or toss in a handful of fresh green beans)
- 1 cup chopped onion (I just use a medium size whole yellow or white onion)
- 1.25 lbs pork stew meat, cubed
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Place potatoes on bottom of crock pot. Add corn, green beans and onion. Top with pork.
- Combine tomatoes with juice, water, and spices in medium- stir to mix. Pour over pork in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-9 hours.