bFW Dishes: Butternut Squash Muffins
Last week we shared some tips for making that first postpartum poop a little... smoother.
This week, we're sharing a DELICIOUS Butternut Squash Muffin recipe that's full of fiber and just perfect for making ahead and freezing! *Hint: They make a perfect postpartum snack!!
Butternut Squash Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set your food processor to finely chop and throw in about 7oz of seeded and chopped butternut squash (leave the skin on).
- Add 1 c. of light brown sugar and 2 eggs and process until blended.
- Add 1/8 tsp. of salt, 1 1/4 c. flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 6 tbsp. oil (we love coconut oil for baking). Process until combined.
- Line your muffin pan with 12 liners and evenly distribute the mix.
- Sprinkle a few raisins (or chocolate chips) on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.