Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes: FWDA Dishes
Recently I asked for everyone in the FWDA Mommy Tribe to share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes. We had quite the diverse range of entries and I'm proud to share a few of our favorites with you. Enjoy!
Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash- We'll get started with a beautiful and scrumptious-sounding side dish from Oh My Veggies! With ingredients like quinoa, apples, dried cranberries and sage, this is sure to become a Thanksgiving favorite!
Cranberry Orange Sauce- This easy, 3-ingredient dish from Damn Delicious is the perfect alternative to canned cranberry sauce! Ridiculously easy, it's the perfect way to elevate your cranberry game this Thanksgiving.
Semmelknödel (German Bread Dumplings)- Looking for something a little less traditional? Try these quick and easy German Bread Dumplings instead of stuffing!
And now, for one of our own recipes. It tastes just like a Snickers and is perfect to make the day before.
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie
- 25 Kraft caramels
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 c. chopped, toasted pecans
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 pkg. (8 squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 8oz tub French Vanilla cool whip
- Place caramels in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Add milk. Microwave on high 2 1/2 - 3 min or until caramels are completely melted (stir after every minute). Stir in pecans and pour into pie crust.
- Microwave chocolate in medium-sized microwave-safe bowl on high 1 1/2 - 2 min. or until chocolate is melted (stir after every minute). Add 2 c. cool whip; stir with whisk until well blended. Spread evenly over caramel in crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hrs. Let stand at room temp. 10-15 min. before serving. Top with remaining cool whip, if desired.