FWDA Dishes: Taco Soup
It doesn't get any easier than Taco Soup and this recipe kills it.
- 1 lb ground beef (or shredded chicken)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cans (15.5oz) Mexican-style chili beans, un-drained
- 1 can (15.5oz) whole kernel corn, un-drained
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 can (4.5oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope (1.25oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1 oz Ranch style dressing mix
- 1.5 cups water
Optional Toppings: tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado
1. Brown beef and onions in a Dutch oven or large stock pot; drain.
2. Stir beans and next 7 ingredients into beef mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Spoon into bowls; top with desired toppings.
Pro Tip: On chilly nights, serve with Mexican Cornbread... mmm.